- Homily /
- Dating Intelligently
Here are 13 love codes to know and live by.
- Every relationship begins with one person; especially one who is just. Matt 1:19
- Feelings are a scam. Stop punishing yourselves with relationships that are based on feelings.
- Love is a choice. When you understand the value of your life (one rooted in Christ), you won’t let people waste your time. Place value on yourself in order to make a great choice. I like this analogy given my Pastor Laju on how love is a choice. Let us assume you won a free stay at the Radisson Blu hotel. You are to eat free breakfast, lunch and dinner as long as you stay there. But here’s the catch; the first meal you choose is the one you get throughout the week. I bet you will think long and hard before choosing anything. That is just like love.
- Choose with God. 2Cor 5:15. Build your life with principles and not with exceptions.
- Dating is not a hobby.
- Marriage does not change people.
- Love is visionary. Gen 28
- Sex was God’s idea, and therefore has God’s timing (in marriage). Eph 5:3.
- Build friendship; forgive, communicate, support, love in words and actions.
- Love is a fruit of the born again spirit.
- Wisdom is a gift of the born again spirit.
- Successful relationships are possible. Fix your thoughts on that.
- God has a plan for your relationship.
Looking back to number 3, here are 4 mistakes people make when choosing and you must look out for:
- Having low expectations
- Having unrealistic expectations. Discern people by grace and not my physicality.
- Ill preparedness
- Wrong counsel or constant attention given to the wrong narratives.
Do watch the amazing sermon here and share this blog post with your friends. Have a blessed week ahead.